Shimabara Outer Port Ferry Terminal can be said to be the gateway to the sea in Shimabara.
I have selected four seafood lunch restaurants that you should definitely visit when you visit the outer ports.
Lots of seafood dishes, mainly seafood caught in the local Ariake Sea!
Local fish specialty restaurant “Hirano Sengyo”
If you are asked about ”Seafood lunch in Shimabara”, you can’t miss this famous restaurant.
As the name ”Local Fish Specialty Store” suggests, most of our products are local fish from the Ariake Sea. I highly recommend this seafood bowl that is both fun to look at and delicious to eat!
There is terrace seating by the sea, where you can enjoy a relaxing moment while looking out at the scenic Tsukumojima Islands.
- Address: 257-1 Nakagumi-cho, Shimabara City, Nagasaki Prefecture
- Business hours: 11:30-14:15
- Closed: Wednesday
- Access: About 10 minutes walk from Shimabara Outer Port
Seafood restaurant “Funaya”
Funaya is an exquisite seafood restaurant prepared by a fishmonger.
You can enjoy seafood bowls made with seasonal fish at reasonable prices. This restaurant is loved not only by tourists but also by locals. The daily lunch specials and Nagasaki’s famous Champon are also great value for money and delicious!
- Address: 3539-50 Chichibugauracho, Shimabara City, Nagasaki Prefecture
- Business hours: 11:30-13:30
- Closed: Lunch Closed on Mondays
- Access: Approximately 18 minutes walk from Shimabara Outer Port
Uotei is recommended for those who want to eat fresh sashimi in Shimabara.
We recommend the sashimi set meal and live horse mackerel set meal, which change the type of fish depending on the day. The fish swimming in the tank are closed after ordering, so the freshness exceeds a certain point.
This restaurant is especially recommended for those who like sashimi that is extremely fresh and has a crunchy texture!
- Address: 8450-1 Nishiyawatacho, Shimabara City, Nagasaki Prefecture
- Business hours: 11:30-22:30
- Regular holidays: Irregular holidays
- Access: Approximately 13 minutes walk from Shimabara Outer Port
Fisherman’s Restaurant “Tottotto Shokudo”
At Tottotto Shokudo, you can enjoy fresh seafood from the Ariake Sea and other parts of Nagasaki.
The seafood bowl is a little more expensive (around 2000 yen) than other stores, but it’s worth it!
Inside the restaurant, there is a display of boats called Omeshibune, which were used by nobles in the past, so you can enjoy not only the meal but also the excitement.
Products recommended as souvenirs such as Shimabara tea are also sold here.
- Address: 451 Minato Shinchicho, Shimabara City, Nagasaki Prefecture
- Business hours: 11:00-15:00
- Closed: Thursday
- Access: Approximately 16 minutes walk from Shimabara Outer Port